2007年10月31日星期三

Bullocks

Today I said the word "Bullocks" on the runescape official forums. This would turn out to be a deadly error.Apparently there in England "Bullocks" is an offensive term. I always thought it meant "nonsense", so I went ahead and posted something saying that something or other was bullocks (meaning "that is nonsense").Now, much to my surprise, Wizardio4 hides the post and tells me not to use offensive language or I'll be banned.What...the...hell...?Of course, I get a runescapein my message centre saying I was reported for saying "bullocks", don't do it again, blah freaking blah. So I posted on Forum Feedback asking what was up.runescape itemSure enough, Mod Burgess posts saying I was spelling around the censor. Uh, no. No I was not. I explain that I used a word that had no offensive connotation to it, and then he/she is like "ah I didn't know it wasn't offensive in American English, sorry for the confusion".runescape item

没有评论: